Friday, July 10, 2009

Verhuizen

Well, howdy.

You probably know that I've moved to sunny, sunny California. If not, surprise!

It's obviously been a very long time since I've posted on this blog. But now that I'm getting settled in California, I'm realizing that I still like taking photos and writing about them, am still far from most of my family, and still like cheese, so really, I should be blogging here some more, no?

Today's title is best translated as "moving house," which is a modest description of something I've done several times now. This last time was much easier than, shall we say, other moves described on this blog. Shall I stick with the Dutch posting titles for a while longer? I think so.

As for today's photo, what do you think it is? Post your guess in the comments. Whoever guesses closest will receive, let's say, five greeting cards, hand-made by Gouda Girl. Happy guessing!

5 comments:

Sally-Anne said...

Looking up between your house and your neighbor's?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again!!! Looking forward to reading it. Your photography is always beautiful.
Love,
Carmelita

JesW said...

Yes, I agree with Sally-Anne... I am trying to think of what else it might be, but my imagination is not working tonight. I'm glad you're starting again! I like the photo guessing game! But I will like your blog no matter what. Ooo ooo - can I request a blog and photo of strawberries and other farmer's market type thingies? My mouth waters.... ;)

JesW said...

hmmm... is your blog on amsterdam time? i did not actually post at 4:19 AM...

Gouda girl said...

There is still room for more guesses! I'll reveal the answer SHORTLY.


Jes, my blog WAS still on A'dam time when I posted, and then I changed it in my preferences. Maybe it keeps everything pertaining to one post on the same time zone. Hopefully next post will be CA time.